4 WEEK BOARD AND TRAIN PROGRAM
This program allows us to do our best work with the dog, and most importantly with the owners! This is the best option if you do not have the time it takes to train your dog on your own and you want the best possible results. Our basic obedience training includes understanding the following commands:
- Here or Come
- Lay Down
- No Jumping
This program also includes socializing your dog around people, as well as other dogs, and there is a strong emphasis on off-leash recall. We are committed to training your dog to become a well-mannered, obedient dog that is a pleasure to be with and will make you even more proud of your dog.
Starting April 1, 2019, the 4-week board and training program costs $1500.00 per month (4 weeks), which includes room and board, a minimum of 4 lessons with owners. Any training program reservations made prior to April 1, 2019, will be $1200.00.
BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION TRAINING
Often we get calls from dog owners that are having specific behavioral problems with their pets. Most of these problems can be resolved with the proper training methods. Braveheart has been very successful with rehabilitating these dogs to become good citizens again. The behavioral issues that we have encountered range from barking to aggression and everything in between. We have saved many dogs from being put down or being place in a new home. Before you make a hasty decision, please give us a call and together we will do everything we can to correct your dog’s behavior.
KEY POINTS OF BRAVEHEART PHILOSOPHY
- Well behaved dogs start with good nutrition and a healthy weight. Adjust for activity levels and do not over feed.
- A dog without daily exercise is bound to act out negatively.
- Leash walking is not sufficient exercise for a dog.
- Mental stimulation is as important as physical exercise.
- Relate to dogs the way they relate to each other. By humanizing a dog we cannot communicate effectively.
- Establishing dominance naturally equates to leadership and respect. If we do not lead the dog, the dog will lead us.
- Becoming the pack leader requires powerful assertiveness and perceived superiority of strength. Once this dynamic is established, we can communicate with a dog in a softer and more subtle way.
- Electronic collars are used primarily for off-leash recall rather than punishment or dominance building. Use the lowest possible level to get the response that you want.
- A well rounded relationship includes love, discipline, proper nutrition and exercise. A combined approach will nurture a complete happy and healthy dog.